Monday 18 October 2010

HEAVEN

Heaven’s gates are opening
Slowly swinging wide
A gentle voice is calling
It’s time to come inside
The journey home is ended
Weary was your way
I guided your every footstep
And give you strength each day

Chorus:

Heaven now your home
Come in come in well done
Your earthly journey is over
And your race now is run

I counted your every breath
Each beating of your heart
When you simply trusted me
And for Home you made a start
The angels now are welcoming
The streets of gold in view
And in my Father’s house
A mansion waits for you

Chorus:
No more the heartaches
The doubts and the fears
I will gently reach my hand
And brush away your tears
There is no more darkness
Neither day or night
Death will never touch you
And your attire a robe of white

Chorus:
Hear how I eagerly greet you
Welcome home my child
The lost lamb I searched for
Gathered from the mountain wild
I died for you in agony
On cross I took your place
I rose for you in triumph
And saved you by my grace

Chorus:
Gaze upon my princely head
Once crowned with thorn for you
See my nail scarred hands
As I reach to you my two
For I am welcoming you to Heaven
This place of perfect peace
Where joy and happiness is yours
In an eternity that will never cease

Chorus:

Colin Moffett
Singer.....Joyce Close

No comments:

Post a Comment